I am a lover of chocolate so when I found this recipe by Melissa Ambrosini I just had to try it. It is such a quick and easy recipe. However, I wanted to add some things so I had a play around with ingredients and came up with the following recipe. It is jam packed with superfoods so these are not only delicious but good for you too (in moderation of course!). Raw cacao is loaded with antioxidants, magnesium and is full of other nutrients. I have linked up the superfoods so you can see what I used and how they are beneficial.
+ 1 cup almonds
+ 1 cup walnuts
+ 2 cups pitted dates
+ ½ cup prunes (if you don’t like or have prunes just add another ½ cup of dates)
+ 1 cup raw cacoa powder
+ ¾ cup dried berries (I used a mix of blueberries, goji & cranberries)
+ ½ cup coconut desiccated
+ 1 tbsp maca
+ 1 tbsp Loving Earth’s Rainbow Blend
- Soak the dates and berries in warm water for 5 minutes to soften.
- In a food processor finely chop the nuts, place in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix with the nuts.
- Drain the dates and berries and blend in a food processor.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Roll into balls and place in fridge for at least an hour.